New e-Advice service for Primary Care
Did you know that The Welsh Medicines Information Centre now offer an e-Advice service?
This service can be accessed using the current e-Advice platform produced and provided by Cardiff and Vale University Health Board: https://caveadcomm.cymru.nhs.uk/
This service may be used for non-urgent enquires as below;
- Choice of therapy (what would be the most appropriate medicine to treat this condition for this particular patient)
- Administration advice (e.g. swallowing difficulties, enteral tube administration, SC or IV administration)
- Adverse effects (either that have happened or could potentially occur)
- Medicine availability (Can I prescribe this drug on the NHS? Is it included on the CAV formulary? Where can it be obtained from? Does this drug come in a different formulation to give via a different route?)
- Medication in pregnancy (medication been taken and lady discovered pregnant. Lady wanting to become pregnant and take xxx, how can we manage this?)
- Medication in breastfeeding (taking this medication, is it OK to breastfeed? Breastfeeding mum needs to take xxx, how can we manage this?)
- Drug interactions (does drug x interfere with drug y? Can these drugs be taken at the same time?)
- Complementary medicines (can this patient safely take the complementary therapies with their regular medication?)
The Medicines Information team are also happy to accept non-patient specific questions on any of the above topics. If you have a non-patient specific question please complete the patient details as Mickey Mouse, DOB 01/01/1901, male.